Regardless of the meticulous planning that goes into a wedding day, minor mishaps can sometimes pop up. Creating an emergency kit for your wedding day can help you to tackle those pesky issues. A bride can create her own kit or delegate the task to her mother or maid of honor.
Here are a few ideas for items to include! Tuck them into a pretty bag.
- Sewing Kit: just in case of minor tears or popped buttons!
- Nail File
- Oil Absorbing Sheets: to keep makeup fresh
- Sunscreen: especially for outdoor pictures!
- Tide to Go Pen
- Dental Floss
- First Aid Kit
- Benadryl : in case of unexpected allergic reactions.
- Bobby Pins
- Granola Bars: so many brides forget to eat.
- Mouth Wash
- Clear Nail Polish : Can be used to fix chipped nails, runs in stockings, or even buttons on suit coats that are about to fall off.
- Advil (or another pain reliever)
- Fabric Tape: Just in case a hem starts to fall on anyone’s clothing.
- Earring Backs
- Eye Drops
- Safety Pins
- Hair Spray
These are just a few general ideas. Obviously, the contents of the emergency bag can be personalized to include items specific to the bride (such as a favorite snack, a religious item, a sentimental keepsake). If time does not allow for gathering all of these goodies, many bridal shops sell pre-made emergency kits as well.
It is always best to be prepared, even on your wedding day!